top of page

Just in December 2023, Vietnamese people spent more than 40 billion VND to buy a fashion product on the e-commerce platform

In just 1 month, the ao dai market recorded a total revenue of up to 41.5 billion VND on 4 e-commerce platforms: Shopee, Lazada, Tiki, and Sendo.

E-commerce data platform Metric recently announced outstanding numbers in this year's Tet ao dai market. Accordingly, VND 41.5 billion is the total revenue on 4 platforms: Shopee, Lazada, Tiki, and Sendo, recorded within 1 month from December 1 - December 31, 2023. All aggregated data has been filtered to remove virtual orders and gift products.

The total number of products successfully delivered is 224,200. The total number of shops generating orders is 2,200. However, the number of resold products decreased by 22% compared to last year's Tet season, stopping at 10,700 products.

Looking deeper into the price segment, Metric said that the 50,000 - 100,000 VND segment had a slight increase in revenue over the same period. In this price range, the products are mainly pants worn with ao dai. A bit more expensive, at 100,000 - 200,000 VND is the concentrated price segment for a whole set of cheap ao dai.

200,000 - 500,000 VND is the price segment that brings the highest revenue in the entire market, especially 200,000 - 350,000 VND. Although revenue decreased over the same period, this is still the price segment that users are most interested in for Ao dai products on e-commerce platforms.

" Sellers need to optimize product sources and product costs to have sustainable competition in the coming time, with the economic situation forecast to be difficult in 2024," Metric advised.

Also according to Metric data, the top 10 Ao Dai brands with the highest revenue account for 10.98% of total market revenue, and the remaining accounts for 89.02%. The 3 leading brands are YM Concept, Chiangmai, and LINN Design respectively.

In recent years, wearing ao dai to take photos to celebrate Tet has become a "trend", especially among young people because it is not only aesthetically pleasing and suitable for the Tet atmosphere but also contributes to spreading the image of traditional costumes. of Vietnam.

Facing increased demand, the market also appears more and more Ao Dai brands with diverse designs, patterns, and materials, helping customers freely choose.

(An ninh tien te)


bottom of page