In Q2/2023, in general, the business situation of cement enterprises is still difficult but has improved compared to Q1 in many aspects. Specifically, domestic sales improved, although still lower than the same period last year. Exports were flat compared to the previous quarter but increased to 27.5% over the same period. The main support for exports came from Bangladesh and Taiwan, while the Chinese market still declined sharply over the same period.
The positive point is that cement exports increased by 31% over the same period and increased by 44% compared to the previous quarter, while the amount of clinker exports continued to decline by only 60% compared to Q1.
Outlook for Q3/2023: Domestic sales may continue to improve gradually thanks to the public investment sector and many real estate projects that have just been removed and restarted. Exports may be flat or increase slightly thanks to the Bangladesh market. However, in general, the business and financial situation of cement enterprises still face many challenges due to fierce competition in the domestic market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A. GENERAL PERCEPTION
- Production output of cement & clinker 6M (2020-2023)
- Correlation of domestic production and consumption 6M (2020-2023)
- Production structure by type 6M/2023
- Production output by group of enterprises 6M/2023 and by quarter
C. DOMESTIC SALES
- Domestic sales volume by region 6M/2023 & by quarter
- Domestic sales volume by group of enterprises 6M/2023 & by quarter
- Correlation of domestic production & consumption of some large enterprises in 6M/2023
D. EXPORT OF CEMENT
- Output & export value of cement & clinker 6M (2020-2023)
- Export volume of cement & clinker by quarter
- Average export price 6M (2020-2023)
- Market movements of cement and clinker exports
E. TOP EXPORT ENTERPRISES
[VI] CEMENT INDUSTRY REPORT - JULY 2023
Number of pages: 20 pages
Data series: Last 13 months
Release date: July 20, 2023